Media Advisory: Stafford Township Police Department and ‘Ring’ Invite Residents to Launch Event for Subsidy Program May 15th 6-8pm
Initiative aims to reduce crime in neighborhoods by investing in affordable and effective smart home security for residents
Stafford Township, NJ – 4/30/19 – The Stafford Township Police Department today announced its partnership with Ring and details for the upcoming launch of a joint subsidy program that will provide discounts for local residents who wish to purchase select home security devices. With funds from the Stafford Police Foundation and the Stafford Township PBA Local 297 along with matching funds from Ring, the $40,000 program will enable 400 verified Stafford Twp. residents to receive a $100 discount code to use towards the purchase of select Ring security devices. The subsidy program will kick off with a launch event on Wednesday May 15, 2019 at the Stafford Township Municipal Complex where eligible residents may attend in-person and participate in the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHAT: Ring Subsidy Program Launch Event
WHEN: May 15, 2019 from 6pm-8pm
WHERE: Stafford Twp. Municipal Complex
WHO: Representatives from Ring & Stafford Township Police invite local residents to join them for a launch event for the new subsidy program with opportunities to;
- Register for the subsidy program (registrants must be Stafford Township residents with a valid form of ID & copy of a utility bill).
- Learn more about Ring security devices, ask questions & purchase products on-site.
- Purchase eligible devices and select accessories on-site.Residents are encouraged to review full program details included below and refer to eligible product details, FAQs and other information available on Ring's website prior to attending the launch event.
- Residents will not have the option to RSVP in advance and are encouraged to arrive early and prepared via the instructions below
About the Subsidy Program
The subsidy program will incentivize the purchase of Ring Video Doorbells and Ring security devices that connect to a user’s mobile device via the free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the device’s motion sensor is activated or if someone rings their Doorbell; they can also choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to save their Ring recordings to view or share them at a later time.
Stafford Township Program Details and How to Participate
- The subsidy program will open to Stafford Township residents who attend the kick-off event with proper documentation on 5/15/2019 from 6pm-8pm
- Residents must attend the kick-off event in person and provide a valid form of Government ID and a copy of a utility bill in order to verify residency and receive their subsidy discount info on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Discounts will be provided to confirmed residents and applied by a Ring team member at checkout towards the purchase of eligible Ring products at the event. Only credit card purchases will be accepted, no cash or checks.
- Stafford Township residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices with $100 off the retail price:
- Video Doorbell 2
- Video Doorbell Pro
- Spotlight Cam Solar
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam
- Stick-Up Cam Battery
- Stick-Up Cam Wired
- Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
- Ring is also offering $30 off additional security devices with a maximum of two (2) per household, and 20% off accessories. Visit Ring's website for product descriptions and specifications.
- Residents will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring service. For more information about Ring’s products, please visit Ring.com/products.
- If the subsidy does not sell out during the kick-off event, the City will post an application form to their website allowing other residents to participate until the program funding limit has been reached.
- Eligible residents will be sent a set of codes redeemable only on Ring.com at 3pm PT daily Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.