Full Time Police Officer
The Stafford Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer. The closing date for applications will be Friday, February 25, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- Be at least 21 years of age and no older than 35 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of New Jersey and have a valid NJ driver’s license
- Education Requirements (must be met by June 30, 2022):
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s degree or have earned 120 credits from an accredited college or university OR
- Have earned 60 credits from an accredited college or university AND have 2 years of active duty in the military with an honorable discharge OR
- Have earned an associate’s degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university AND have 2 years’ experience as a full time regular police officer OR
- Have earned an associate's degree or 60 college credits from an accredited college or university PLUS have a minimum of 24 months of satisfactory employment as a Class II Special Police Officer. Work experience as a Class II Special Police Officer must equate to 104 weeks of employment with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week. The 104 weeks are not required to be consecutive.
- Be of sound moral character verified by a background investigation
- Physical fitness indicator test
- Sunday, February, 27, 2022
- 0800 hours
- Southern Regional High School 11/12 gymnasium - 105 Cedar Bridge Rd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- IMPORTANT: Please view an informational video about the Stafford Township Police Department and how to maximize your scores on the physical fitness indicator test. Fitness Test Video
- REMINDER: A mouthpiece is required to take the boxing portion of the physical fitness indicator test.
- Written exam
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- 1800 hours
- Southern Regional High School 11/12 cafeteria - 105 Cedar Bridge Rd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Oral interview - TBD
- Background investigation
- Psychological screening
- Medical screening
- Drug screening
During the testing process, we will be following certain COVID-19 protocols, including the following:
- All police applicants will have their temperatures taken prior the beginning of the testing process.
- Masks will be required and worn by all police applicants during the testing process.
- During the physical fitness indicator test, the masks will be permitted to be removed when performing exercises.
- Social distancing recommendations will be adhered to.
- Starting salary for 2022 is $51,216.00 and top salary for 2022 is $127,968.00, plus full health benefits and enrollment in the New Jersey Police and Fire Pension System.
- A police officer who previously worked for another municipality on a full-time basis may be appointed at higher step on the salary guide at the discretion of the Township Administrator.
All applications and documents must be submitted online through Police App. No applications should be dropped off or mailed to the Stafford Township Police Department.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Captain James R. Vaughn at (609) 597-1189 Extension 8419 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Applicants are responsible for checking their email and logging into their PoliceAPP, PublicSafetyApp, FireFighterApp or EmployementApp account to monitor for emails, scheduling and process updates.