NJ Firearms Application Registry System (F.A.R.S.)
"Please read all the instructions before beginning your applications!"
- STEP 1: WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN: NJ0153000 This is Stafford Townships ORI number and is required during the application.
- STEP 2: You must have the EMAIL ADDRESSES of 2 reputable references. Your references can be family members.
- STEP 3:You will be contacted to appear at the Stafford Police Department to PAY for your INITIAL FID Card and / or Pistol Purchase Permits immediately upon applying. Your application WILL NOT be processed until you have PAID for the FID Card / Pistol Permits. Non-refundable payment is required to be made at the time of the application as per NJAC 13:54-1.4
- Checks or Money orders made out to Township of Stafford are accepted.
- ** If an INITIAL applicant applied for an FID card and forgot to apply for pistol purchase permits, the applicant must re-apply for the pistol purchase permits AFTER their initial application is processed and approved.
- **You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this new process.
- **Once your application is complete, a station representative will contact you to retrieve your FID card and/or pistol purchase permit documents. DO NOT CONTACT OR APPEAR AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT UNTIL ADVISED TO DO SO.
- STEP 4: Please advise your references the new FARS System will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references can complete the questions using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
- The on-line application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the BEST phone numbers for yourself AND references as well as the BEST email addresses for yourself and references.
DO NOT USE ABBREVIATIONS, NICKNAMES OR SHORT NAMES ON THE APPLICATION. YOU MUST MATCH EXACTLY WHAT IS ON YOUR DRIVER LICENSE OR OFFICIAL ID. ANY DEVIATION FROM THIS WILL RESULT IN APPLICATION DENIAL AND DELAYS.
If you have already submitted with abbreviated names, resubmit a new application
Please read and re-read the above instructions before clicking on the link below to access the new FARS system. If you fail to follow the instructions provided this will only delay your application.