The Stafford Township Fire Prevention Bureau is dedicated to preventing fires through public education, fire inspections, enforcement and comprehensive fire investigations in order to reduce the loss of life and property as well as to protect the environment thereby improving the quality of life for our community. We endeavor to create a progressive and safe environment that benefits all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforcement of the NJ Uniform Fire Code, National Standards and Local codes.
- Fire Investigations in coordination with Local, County & State Agencies.
- Public Education for Schools, Adult Communities and Local Businesses.
- Senior Home Evaluations and Smoke Detector program.
- Fire Safety Training & Planning for Local Businesses & At Risk Communities.
- Review and Exercise Emergency Operations Plans for our Community Partners to include Nursing Homes, Hospital, Hotel, Schools and Critical Infrastructure.
- Coordinate with Stafford Township Office of Emergency Management.
- Fire Wise program coordination with the New Jersey Forest Fire Service.
- Fire Safety Permits
- Knox Box program maintenance for Stafford Township.
- Plan & Site review.
- Maintenance of Documents, Records and required Reports.
- Investigate citizen complaints
The video below demonstrates just how dangerous a simple candle can be and how quickly a fire can spread. If you look at the left side of the screen you will see a small candle on the table in front of the window. Watch as the breeze blows the curtains over the candle for just a couple of seconds and the destructive consequences. Please be careful where you place your candles and never leave them unattended.
“Register Ready – New Jersey’s Special Needs Registry for Disasters” allows New Jersey residents with disabilities or access and functional needs and their families, friends, caregivers and associates an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies so emergency responders can better plan to serve them in a disaster or other emergency.
The information collected here is confidential and will not be available to the public. The information will be held securely and only used for emergency response and planning.
Why should you register?To be notified by local officials when an evacuation has been ordered. IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE!
Everyone should have at least 1 fire extinguisher in their home or business but do you know how to safely use it. Click on the video above to learn about the acronym PASS to quickly and safely use your extinguisher.
ALWAYS CALL 9-1-1 TO REPORT ANY FIRE OR EMERGENCY.
2020 Fire Prevention Week Campaign
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!” works to educate everyone about the simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves, and those around them, safe in the kitchen.
Did you know?
Cooking is the #1 cause of home fires and home fire injuries. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen
Stafford Township requires all commercial occupancies with a monitored alarm system to have a Knox security key box installed. Property owners in our community store entrance keys, access cards and floor plans in high-security Knox-Box® key boxes mounted near their building entrances. Each Knox-Box® purchased by the property owner is keyed to a single master key controlled by your department. With the Knox System, there is no cost to the fire department, no waiting for a property owner to unlock the door in the middle of the night, and no forcing the door open to gain entry.
The Knox Rapid Entry System reduces response time, property damage and the liability for lost keys. To order your Knox Box please complete the online order form. The form will be forward to our office for approval and sent directly to you to be installed. Please be sure you select Stafford Township Fire Department or use 08050.
Fire Safety and Food Vendor Permits
Business Registration and Updates
- June 18, 2020 - Fire Safety Training for Stafford Police Recruit Class.
- June 26, 2020 - 3 Alarm Structure Fire & Investigation.
- July 1, 2020 - Zone 1 Annual Fire Inspections Begin
- August 3, 2020 - Fire Investigation, (Roof Fire) Phyllis Lane.
- August 26, 2020 - Fire Wise USA meeting @ Atlantic Hills HOA
- September 23 & 24, 2020 - Southern Ocean Medical Center Fire Extinguisher Training @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>